The Gonzaga Bulldogs’ non-conference roster plays seven games at home at the McCarthy Athletic Center, with a home exhibit on Nov. 15. 2.
Spokane, Wash. — The Gonzaga men’s basketball team has released a 15-game nonconference schedule for the upcoming season.
According to the press release, the Gonzaga Bulldogs’ non-conference roster has seven games at home at the McCarthy Athletic Center, plus a home exhibit on Nov. 15. 2.
For the first two months of the season, the Gonzaga Bulldogs will face the seven teams that advanced to the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) tournament last season, as well as another team that made the playoffs. Seven of those opponents have won 20 games in 2021-22, and 10 of them have a winning record.
Gonzaga plays teams from 10 different conferences, including the Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, SEC and possibly the ACC or Big East. The Bulldogs also competed in this year’s Phil Knight Legacy and four other neutral live games.
gonzaga men’s basketball 2022-2023 Non-conference schedule:
- November 2: The Gonzaga Bulldogs will face Warner Pacific in an exhibit inside the McCarthy Sports Complex in Spokane.
- November 7: Gonzaga Bulldogs vs. Spokane’s North Florida
- November 11: The Bulldogs had the privilege of participating in this year’s Armed Forces Classic, where they played against Michigan State in San Diego on the USS Abraham Lincoln. This will be Gonzaga’s second appearance at the Armed Forces Classic after competing in Pittsburgh at U.S. Marine Corps Base Smedley D. Butler in Okinawa, Japan in 2015.
- November 16: Texas and Gonzaga will meet at the brand new Moody’s Center in Austin, Texas. This will be the Longhorns’ third game in the new 10,000-seat arena. The Gonzaga Bulldogs have won all four games against the Longhorns, including an 86-74 win at Spokane last season. Texas brought back a wealth of experience from last season’s 22-win campaign and second-round NCAA Tournament exit.
- November 20: The Bulldogs’ second historic meeting with Kentucky will take place at Spokane Arena. The Wildcats defeated GU 80-72 in Maui in 2002. Kentucky went 28-8 last season and lost to St. Peters in the Sweet 16.
- November 24: The Gonzaga Bulldogs will play the Phil Knight Legacy Championship with Portland State University in Portland. The Zags have won 18 of their 25 all-time meetings, but the Vikings won their last game in 2008, 77-70 in Spokane.
- November 25: The Gonzaga Bulldogs will face Purdue or West Virginia in Game 2 of the Phil Knight Legacy.
- November 27: The Gonzaga Bulldogs will meet Duke, Florida or Xavier.
- December 2: Baylor and the Gonzaga Bulldogs will meet for the seventh time in Sioux Falls, SD, where the Bears won 27 games and advanced to last season’s Sweet 16.
- December 5: Kent State University came to Gonzaga for the first meeting between programs. Kent State won 23 games in the 2021-22 season before losing in the Central American Conference Championship.
- December 9: Washington returns to the McCarthy Athletic Center for the 49th historical meeting between programs. The Huskies won 30 games in the series, but GU held on to a six-game winning streak against UW. Gonzaga won his last six races in Spokane, with the last Husky win in 1982. Washington went 17-15, 11-9 in the Pac-12 last season.
- December 12: Gonzaga will meet Northern Illinois for the first time. This will be the Zags’ second matchup against MAC opponents in a week.
- December 17: Gonzaga will travel to Birmingham, Alabama, for a neutral court matchup with Alabama. The Crimson Tide held a GU rally at last year’s Battle of Seattle, the first meeting between those plans.
- December 20: Montana and the Gonzaga Bulldogs will face off in Spokane. This will be the 151st history meeting, GU has history series 102-48. The Bulldogs have won their last 10 games, most recently at Gonzaga in 2015. The Grizzlies won 18-14 last season.
- December 28: Gonzaga Eastern Oregon will be welcome after the holidays. GU defeated the Climbers 115-62 last season.
The Bulldogs will play a rare March nonconference game this season. GU hosts Chicago State University at the third meeting between programs on March 1. Gonzaga won both meetings in 1997 and 1998.
Click here for game times and live channel information.
Cream on social media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
Download the KREM smartphone app
DOWNLOAD IPHONE HERE | DOWNLOAD HERE FOR Android
How to add the KREM+ app to your streaming device
Roku: Add a channel from the ROKU store or search for KREM in the channel store.
Fire TV: Search for “KREM” to find free apps to add to your account. Another option for Fire TV is to send apps directly to your Fire TV through Amazon.
To report a spelling or grammatical error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.